Largest Supermarket Chain in the World puts Babywearing on the Map


        Let me start by saying that this will not be a discussion on the ethics of Walmart and its' owners. I have always gone to Walmart to shop due to ease, regardless of how I feel about the other shoppers I surround myself with.

         Now, Walmart is getting attention for a whole new reason. Babywearing parents are lifting the supermarket chain up in celebration for taking on Chimparoo, a French Canadian baby carrier design and manufacturing company. Their shelves are now stocked with cross-twill woven wraps by Chimparoo, which have been revered as being lovely and worth the investment by the babywearing community for years.

        Despite the positive attention babywearing has received in the recent decades, many parents still claim to be stared at and even approached by strangers who believe that babywearing must be for lower class families and that wraps are "cuts of tablecloth". As an avid babywearer myself, I always try to answer questioning looks and questions about babywearing when I am out in public, because knowledge is power. There will come a day when no one questions or stares because it will be a societal norm, and that day will come much sooner with the help of this marriage of Walmart and Chimparoo woven wraps.

        I truly believe that Walmart, yes Walmart, is doing a noble a good thing here by giving access of the art of babywearing to such a broad range of people, and I hope to see more mothers and fathers wrapping their baby close enough to kiss.

        My favorite part of the listing is this "Woven in cross twill certified free from toxic chemicals- The woven wrap is the preferred choice for those who want to wear their child from birth until about 34 years of age, and who plan to carry their baby frequently for long periods of time". Legitimately laughing out loud over here! 

Favorite typo ever.
        This typo (or is it?) gives truth to the favorite babywearing meme of the moment: