'Frozen' In My Tracks

        Since Frozen is being released on Netflix this week (a million children just squealed simultaneously), I decided to dedicate an article to this latest crazy train that moms around the world have jumped on.

        When I was a little girl, princesses were all the rage. Nowadays, the rage had turned into a feeding frenzy. With the 2013 release of Disney's Frozen, the princess-centric Disney culture seemed to be fully revived to the days of Cinderella and Belle. A few months later, and Disney stores literally cannot keep Frozen merchandise on the shelves. The demand is so intense, many parents are willing to dive to "Black Friday-esque" depths in order to please their children. 
        My opinion is that Disney has been reaching for the original princess movie audiences of yesteryear with recent anti-princess films such as: Brave, The Princess and The Frog, and Tangled. I also think that Tangled has hit closest to the mark as far as compelling their market. But Frozen seriously has hit it out of the park by appealing to all three children movie markets: parents, little boys, and little girls. The family and sisterly love theme of Frozen definitely drew the parents in, Olaf the Snowman seems to be a huge hit with little boys, and hardest to please of all, little girls are absolutely obsessed with Elsa and Anna. 
        So, what isn't there to love about Frozen? Not much. As a stay at home mom to a three month old, I've already watched it about ten times of my own accord. I know I'll regret it when she finds her attention fixated on some kind of singing zombie princess movie that Pixar churns out in 8 years. But until then, I'll just keep being a big ole' kid... or princess, rather.
        My mom-session with this kids' movie is not limited to simply watching it on a loop, I have dreams... Dreams that one day there will be a Frozen wrap that I can babywear with. In case you're looking to make me one and be eternally loved by me, I think this print would be awesome:



        Or, at least I could grab a Natibaby in Magic Carbo and customize it myself... so many options!


        And, Tula just released a Woven Wrap and Wrap Conversion in "Elsa"! How perfect!




        I also happen to be sucker for modern songs turned into lullabies. It's a simple change that new parents will thank their ears for, and luckily they've already done it the Frozen soundtrack:

No comments:

Post a Comment